Every pregnant woman knows the importance of having extra support for their changing body. Maternity support garments like maternity tights will help ease the pain from your tired legs, the lower back, and your baby bump. These are special pairs of tights that are specifically designed to provide the best comfort during pregnancy.
Finding the right pair of tights for pregnant women can be challenging, especially with all the choices in the market today. Here is a detailed and specific guide to help you find the best tights that you can wear while carrying your little one in your belly for nine months.
Types of Pregnancy Tights
There are two main types of tights that you can find for pregnant women. The first one provides ample support for your growing belly, while the other one covers the baby bump with added support to the body.
Support Tights – The support tights for pregnant women are created to offer additional variable compression to the legs. It also assists in the proper blood flow in the tissues to prevent swelling and other pregnancy discomforts like varicose veins.
Non-Support Tights – Some pregnant women are not comfortable with the idea of wearing tight garments over their growing tummy. But they can still enjoy the wide coverage offered by regular maternity tights without the compression support.
Essential Pregnancy Tights Characteristics
There are several things that all pregnant women need to look for when shopping for pregnancy tights. It includes:
- Full, flat waistband that remains on top of the bump and stops from rolling down
- Graduated body compression
- An appropriate mix of fabrics, including natural fibres like cotton, to prevent overheating
- Right fit on the legs and body
- Wide toe area to accommodate possible swelling during the pregnancy
- Proper support in the right places
Pregnancy Tights Options
There are several tights that you can purchase during your pregnancy that offers comfort and enhance your style while in an interesting stage, such as:
- Basic Tights – You can find tights for pregnancy with ten per cent lycra fabric to cover your baby bump and legs. The black colour lets you match the pair with all types of outfits and keep your legs warm when the temperature suddenly drops at night.
- Support Sheer Tights – If you want to get the maximum support in the right places without letting the public know that you are wearing tights, then these sheer varieties are perfect for you. It is best worn under your maternity dresses.
- Footless Tights – Having a pair of footless tights is essential for every pregnant woman. You can wear it with an oversized shirt or under a simple top and blazer during the colder days. You may also wear it even after giving birth.
- Luxury Sheer Tights – It may not be considered exclusive pregnancy tights, but you must still invest in these pairs if you want to feel a little luxurious during your pregnancy. Sheer tights also let you wear something nice during special occasions or if you’re going to upgrade your maternity outfit.
Wearing tights during pregnancy can help you move freely without any discomforts. These garments are also specifically designed to make you feel good about yourself, even if you have a growing baby in your belly. So make sure that you will only invest in high-quality pairs of tights that you can use for your pregnancy.