An overwhelming majority of people choose to undergo plastic surgery in order to achieve a perfect body. However, this may not be the case with women who have just given birth. Pregnancy is an amazing experience for most women, but it leads to excess fat in areas such as breasts and abdomen. Therefore, many women may choose plastic surgery to retain the shape they once had before giving birth.
So, you may be wondering why many women opt to undergo plastic surgery instead of embarking on a dieting and exercise regime. Well, exercise and dieting are imperative for shedding excess fat, but they are not enough to retain your youthful body shape. If you are a woman with lax skin due to giving birth, a mommy makeover can help restore your youthful fullness and shape.
Below are some efficient surgery and procedures that can help restore your pre-pregnancy shape:
Liposuction surgery is an exceptional procedure for people with recommended weight but still has excess fat in certain areas of their body, which has become extremely difficult to shed via exercises and dieting. It is the best procedure for people looking to get rid of stubborn fat deposits that settle on their hips, thighs, buttocks, or stomach areas. However, if you are obese, don’t go to liposuction surgery as it is not a weight-loss tool.
Liposuction surgery is performed by a skilled plastic surgeon and makes use of incisions and anesthesia. The patient is put under local anesthesia and intravenous therapy before the procedure. Then, a cannula is inserted underneath your skin to loosen the fat cells, and a medical vacuum to siphon the fat deposits. To get the desired results, you will take several sessions with your dermatologist.
Benefits of Liposuction
- Outcomes are more fulfilling and long-lasting
- Improves a person physical appearance
- Less intrusive surgical procedure options
- Enhances personal confidence.
Women who desire to restore their youthful appearance can choose this procedure.
Risks Associated with Liposuction
Liposuction is a major procedure and has risks associated with it which include:
- Acute bruising which can take several weeks
- Sensitivity due to swelling and fluid which come out from the incisions
- Temporary Numbness
- Skin Infections
- Kidney failure or heart problems
- Patients may even die due to the anesthesia
Discuss with your dermatologist before going through this procedure to get further advice.
BodyTite is almost similar to liposuction, but this method is less complex and involves minimal surgery techniques. This method depends on radio frequency to eliminate excess fat from the targeted areas while strengthening the skin. Thermal energy is used below and above the skin to eliminate the excess fat and incorporate fat removal and skin tightening.
The procedure involves the application of local anesthesia and epinephrine injected in the area of interest. Epinephrine controls excessive bleeding, which facilitates the elimination of fat. As time goes by, fat will dissolve and exit from the body naturally. Fat removal and skin tightening occur concurrently.
Benefits of BodyTite Procedure
- Unlike the temporary liposuction methods, BodyTite is more comfortable and fulfilling
- The procedure is less intrusive and does not involve surgical operation
- BodyTite does not use general anesthesia, instead local anesthesia is applied
- Conspicuous skin tightening via renewed collagen production
- Can be applied in various body areas and does not involve revised procedures
You can consider this procedure since it is cheaper and not complicated.
Disadvantages of BodyTite Procedure
- BodyTite alone will not offer you considerable shedding of excess fat, only body contouring
- This procedure is not ideal for people who are overweight
- There are so many unskilled plastic surgeons in this field and many patients who encounter with one, may term the treatment as ineffective
Discuss with your dermatologist to know whether you are an ideal candidate.
CoolSculpting is among the recommended procedures as it works best to remove excess fat in the target areas. If you are looking for a non-surgical procedure that does not involve anesthesia, then CoolSculpting is the best choice for you. For women who are battling with post-pregnancy fat gain, CoolSculpting can be an ideal procedure for them since it is safer than the liposuction method.
To disintegrate the fat cells, the CoolSculpting procedure uses freezing temperature as cold does not destroy other cells the same way it does to fat cells. Therefore, this procedure does not interfere with the skin or the underlying tissue.
The plastic surgeon subjects the targeted area to an applicator that cools the fat cells. The cold temperature helps to insensate the area that leads to a cooling effect. CoolSculpting procedure takes less than two hours and does not require any recovery time since the skin and tissue do not suffer any damage. Patients take around five months to see the results, which involve 20 percent of the total fat loss.
Benefits of CoolSculpting
- Guarantees more than 50 percent of fat loss on the targeted area
- Unlike other procedures such as liposuction, CoolSculpting is cost-effective since there is no anesthesia, operating room fees, medications, and other charges involved
- CoolSculpting involves fewer risk since it is less invasive and performed by a skilled plastic surgeon
- It yields successful outcomes. Patients all over the world have continued enjoying the efficacy of this procedure for the last ten years since its approval
The above is just a few of the benefits. The procedure has more benefits compared to other procedures.
Common Side Effects of CoolSculpting
Some of this procedure’s common side effects include pain, stinging, swelling, bruising, aching, and skin sensitivity at the targeted treatment area.
SculpSure is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that targets areas like the abdomen and love handles. A single procedure can take less than 30 minutes and can target different areas concurrently. SculpSure method is fast and involves less discomfort and little recovery time since patients are not subjected to surgical procedures.
This method makes use of laser technology to dissolve the fat cells. Patients are subjected to high temperatures with the sculpture device wrapped on their bodies like a belt. Temperatures are high enough to destroy the fat cells under the skin without interfering with the tissues. During the three months after the procedure, the body system starts getting rid of the destroyed fat cells.
Benefits of SculpSure Method
- It is affordable. On average, SculpSure method cost around $1458 depending on the region
- It is safe since it is nonsurgical
- Simple and fast. One session of melting away fat cells can take less than 30 minutes
- It is nonsurgical and not intrusive
- Has long-lasting outcomes
SculpSure benefits are not limited to the above points.
Disadvantages of SculpSure
- SculpSure can cause bruises and swelling
- Patients are not allowed to have a direct sun contact one week prior and after the procedure
- Results may take longer to manifest compared to other nonsurgical procedures
- Long waiting period before getting the second treatment
This procedure is highly recommended than discouraged.
Facts About contouring Procedures
Recently, there have been enormous technological advances that have led to a paradigm shift in body contouring. With the innovation of new medical devices, plastic surgeons and cosmetic dermatologists are now able to provide more improved and enhanced plastic surgery procedures and results.
Learn More @ How To Whiten Skin Overnight