Did you know that over 18 million men in the US are affected by erectile dysfunction, constituting roughly 18.4% of the male population above 20 years of age? It is a common condition that has some unique remedies. Tadalafil is ideal for treating erectile dysfunction or enlarged prostate and offers better health prospects for men with this affliction.
Tadalafil works by blocking a chemical called phosphodiesterase type 5 present in the body. It dilates the blood vessels and enhances blood flow to the groin area and the penis, causing sexual stimulation.
However, the other application of Tadalafil is for treating prostate gland enlargement, which affects 50 percent of men between the ages of 51 and 60 years of age. It affects over 90 percent of men over 80 years of age.
Best Ways to Take Tadalafil
It is advisable to read the manufacturer’s instructions that come with the package before taking Tadalafil. It gives information on dosage, side-effects, etc. It is crucial to follow your doctor’s instructions and not change the strength of the drug prescribed without your doctor’s consent.
- Take Tadalafil 10 or 20 mg (as prescribed) about half an hour before intercourse.
- Remember that you should not take Tadalafil daily. A tablet is effective for up to 36 hours, and it is dangerous to exceed the dosage within 24 hours, hence keeping better health in mind; never exceed the prescribed dosage.
- If you’ve been prescribed 2.5mg or 5mg Tadalafil tablets to cure your erectile dysfunction, you may take one tablet daily. Ensure that you take it at the same time each day.
- If you’ve been prescribed 5mg Tadalafil tablets for your enlarged prostate gland, you may take one tablet daily. This dose should also be repeated at the same time each day.
- Tadalafil may be taken before or after food and washed down with a glass of water.
- Check your prescription before leaving to ensure you’ve been prescribed the correct dosage.
Benefits of Tadalafil
Tadalafil is known to work in most cases and causes an erection that lasts long enough. However, it is not advisable to drink grapefruit juice with Tadalafil as a chemical present in grapefruit juice inhibits Tadalafil. Reports indicate that grapefruit juice tends to slow down the drug metabolism through liver metabolism, resulting in drug concentration in the body.
The erection caused by taking Tadalafil lasts for around four hours. However, if the erection lasts for more than four hours, you need to stop taking Tadalafil and immediately consult your doctor. Moreover, if any of the symptoms mentioned above are pronounced and persist, it is better to discontinue taking Tadalafil and consult your doctor for further advice.
Remember to keep Tadalafil tablets out of children’s reach. The tablets need to be stored in a cool, dry place and protected from heat and light.
Summing it Up
Tadalafil is no miracle drug and acts by enhancing blood circulation to the penis. However, engaging in foreplay is crucial for sexual arousal. It is not advisable to drink alcohol before taking Tadalafil as it interferes with the drug’s working. If you still don’t get an erection, don’t indulge in self-medication despite taking the prescribed dosage. Consult your doctor.