Asking your significant other’s hand in marriage usually involves choosing the right ring for the proposal. But while trends in marriage proposals significantly change over time, most people still prefer to pick classic engagement rings to symbolise their intentions to marry the love of their life.
Diamond engagement rings usually cost a fortune. But it can also serve as an important investment in your lives as a couple. Since there are plenty of choices in stores, finding an ideal ring to use for your engagement can get tricky. Here are several tips to remember when shopping for the best engagement jewellery for your beloved.
Tip #1: Go For Classic Pieces
Traditional and timeless proposal rings with delicate and subtle designs never go out of style. It also comes with major advantages, including:
- The clean, classic design remains fashionable for generations
- More affordable compared to trendy, complicated designs
- More suited for daily wear
Tip #2: Pick Your Level Of Classic
Most of the simplest classic proposal rings come in a single, plain pavé band. But you may choose to add more elements to the design, including an additional band. You may also have your chosen stone set in a weaved band to make it more sophisticated. If you have the budget, a diamond-encrusted ring with a triple parallel pavé band can be a timeless yet one of a kind design.
Tip #3: Choose Your Rock
There are numerous types of elegant diamond rings. You will be spoiled with various choices when it comes to picking a traditional ring that you can use for your planned proposal. No matter what type of band captures your fancy, you may pair it with a radiant-cut precious stone like diamond, sapphire, or emerald for a more sophisticated look. If your future fiancee wants a purely classical style, you can get a round-cut diamond set in a single pavé band.
Tip #4: Look For A Bigger Diamond
Even if you are gearing towards a simple, plain band, you can still make the ring stand out by putting a larger diamond in it. The ring will look more sophisticated and valuable if the stone you use has a higher carat size and heavier weight than other smaller stones.
Tip #5: Consider The Metal Colour
For years, yellow and white metals have always been the metal of choice when looking for proposal rings. It means gold and platinum are considered the most popular metals used in engagement ring settings. But nowadays, more people start using rings in rose gold for their proposal.
If you want to follow Ryan Reynolds’ footsteps after presenting a 12-carat pink diamond ring set in rose gold for his then-fiancee and current wife Blake Lively, you may look for bands in this particular metal colour to make your beloved’s ring stand out.
Bonus Tip: Pick A Classic Engagement Ring Style
There are several types of timeless and classing proposal rings that you may choose for your loved one. It includes:
- Solitaire Ring – It is a simple, minimalist proposal ring style that makes a single stone the main attraction. Most of the rings in this design come with four- and six-prong round diamonds.
- Three-Stone Diamond Ring – If you want your beloved to have the same ring style as the Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle, then you must look for a three-stone diamond ring. It may have a deeper meaning since each stone can represent your past, present, and future as a couple.
- Pavé Ring – Add more sparkle to your future fiancee’s finger by choosing the pavé diamond ring. It will increase the ring’s elegance and sophistication.
Picking the ideal proposal ring for the love of your life can be both an exciting and nerve-wracking experience. Keeping all these tips in mind makes it easier for you to find the right ring to present to your sweetheart.